Not everyone is blessed with a perfect science, but that doesn’t mean you have to live with it, thanks to the advancement in dental science. Cosmetic dentistry is all about enhancing your smile and the appearance of your teeth and mouth. Contrary to what many people believe, cosmetic dentistry treatments are not always a choice. In many cases, treatments are essential for restorative reasons. In this post, we will talk about the five common cosmetic dentistry procedures. You can also see this page to know more.
- Teeth whitening. Probably the most common cosmetic dentistry procedure, teeth whitening is low on cost and can restore the pearly whiteness of your teeth, without opting for the complicated invasive procedures. The best whitening treatments are those offered by your dentist in the clinic, but over-the-counter products are also there, in case you want to try at home. Teeth whitening instantly replenishes the beauty of your smile, lightening the color up to nine shades.
- Dental veneers. In case teeth whitening is not your preferred choice for better teeth, you can go for porcelain veneers. These are designed in labs and are attached to your natural teeth enamel to cover cracks, discoloration and other concerns. However, do note that veneer application is more complicated than teeth whitening, so you need to select the right clinic. The costs vary, but you can expect to spend somewhere above $900.
- Composite Bonding. For the uninitiated, Composite Bonding is used for restoring and repairing decayed or discolored teeth, using a material that matches the color of natural enamel. The dentist will clean the infected tooth, use treatments if required, and complete the procedure by adding the composite on the top of the tooth surface for that natural look. This is also one of the cost effective cosmetic dentistry procedures.
- Dental implants. Implants are used as a replacement for braces. Made of titanium, the implants are placed in the socket of the lost tooth, and as the gums heal, the tissues cover and hold the implant in place. The replacement teeth can be placed on the implant using something known as abutment. Dental implants are safe and have a high success rate.
- Inlays and Onlays. These are basically fillings that are made in a dental lab and used when there is mild decay to the teeth. The inlay is usually placed directly on the surface of the tooth, provided the cusps are safe. If the tooth is damaged beyond the basics, an onlay is used to cover the entire surface of the tooth. Inlays and Onlays are great because it is possible to prevent further damage to the tooth.
If you are interested in any of these procedures, check the official website of a few known dentists and book your appointment. Don’t shy away from asking questions on your first appointment, so that you can understand the procedure, costs and related aspects better. Also, make sure that the dentist is a known and experience one and is friendly enough to share your concerns.