Maintaining your oral health is incredibly significant in today’s day and age, especially when considering the fact that your dental wellness plays an integral role with regard to your personality, self-assurance, poise, interpersonal relationships, and even your career prospects.
The Facts and Figures That You Should Know
However, our nation continues to ignore the importance of practicing healthy dental habits, as evidenced by the shocking information compiled by various dental surveys over the past few years:
- One of the most outrageous findings in 2017 was the fact that 34% of Britons have never flossed their teeth, which can be compared to only scrubbing two-thirds of your body during a bath.
- Approximately 26% of adults in the UK fail to brush their teeth at least twice per day, including nearly 35% of men. In this regard, brushing only once each day increases your risk of developing substantial tooth decay by more than 33%.
- Roughly one in every ten people attests to regularly going “multiple days” without brushing.
- Less than 30% of adult men and women use a fluoride mouthwash and only a quarter of our nation’s population makes the effort to floss regularly.
- About three in every 10 people struggle with “considerable dental pain” on a daily basis and a whopping 73% of all adults eventually have to extract a diseased tooth.
- Oral cancers are the 10th-most common cancer amongst males in the United Kingdom and the 15th-most prevalent amongst females.
- Two out of every five people cannot recall the last time they changed their toothbrushes.
As such, it’s in your best interests to create a close-knit relationship with a reputable care centre in your vicinity, especially if it’s been quite a few years since your last dental checkup.
Dental Treatments Are Now More Affordable Than Ever Before
Due to the fact that 88% of UK adults do not have any form of dental insurance, many people delay or avoid dental treatments due to budgetary trepidations but it’s important to note that you don’t have to break the bank just to improve your oral health.
Regardless of whether you find yourself in need of fillings, crowns, bridges, or even a dentist surgery in Harrogate, it’s worth noting that contemporary dental procedures are very accessible, economical, and easy to facilitate. As a matter of fact, the vast majority of today’s dental remedies can be completed in as little as an hour or two with absolutely no pain or any detrimental side effects.
The best-rated practitioners in Harrogate are able to tailor unique treatment plans based on your specific needs and budgetary restrictions, not to mention the fact that they can quell all of your concerns and apprehensions before beginning the treatment process. In as little as one visit, you’ll be able to boost your self-confidence and enhance your overall health without spending a fortune along the way. Be sure to schedule an introductory appointment with an esteemed clinic in your proximity as soon as possible.